Today's sketches


It's a public holiday today in Holland, so I decided to finally take a real day off. I went to the Van Gogh Museum, where I found this piece that Vincent van Gogh made in Paris of a glass of Absinth.

After my museum visit, I cycled by a new cafe in my neighbourhood and sat down there with my sketchbook. And do what Vincent Van Gogh did in 1887... only I chose a different drink that's quite addicting...

Why I was doing this? I'm doing the ecourse Making Your Mark, and this is one of the assignments. These are just sketches still. I intend to do one in colour too, using the same colour palette as Van Gogh did. (although I won't do it in oil on canvas, but probably coloured pencils...)
After doing two sketches of my drink, I made a quick sketch of the people who just arrived and set down outside, on the other side of the window.

Labels: ,