I suppose you can call it a self portrait




With all the excitement of me offering an online drawing class *'Just Draw it!' Take your drawing skills to the next level in 6 weeks for only $99*, for which you can register here, I still didn't forget about my mission to make a good self portrait with a great likeness. I haven't have time to sit down and spend a few hours seriously drawing one again, but soon I will. In the meantime, I did practice and play around though.
This one has a likeness, but the nose and mouth are too big. I loved to work on the course, brown paper though, and I used a white pencil for the highlights in the face and eyes this time. Also, I bought a kneeding eraser and an eraser pen, that allow me to work more detailed when erasing to add (yes, by erasing, you will add something - isn't that cool?)highlights in the hair and face.

I made this portrait in my journal, quite quicly actually. I like parts of it, although the head is kind of chopped of; the proportions aren't right and it's all kind of askew. Taking time is key here!

Ooh, and did I mention this yet? :)
'Just Draw it!'
Take your drawing skills to the next level in 6 weeks
for only $99

Click here to register now!

Labels: , , ,