Illustration Friday - freeze

This week's topic for Illustration Friday is 'freeze'.
First thing that popped into mind was something about maffia, I'm not sure why or how - something with pointing a gun and yelling 'freeze!' But I couldn't get anything like that on paper because of a lack of time and fantasy. Obviously that's because I'm very busy making the lesson material for this:


I will be teaching an online drawing class, starting October 1! You can join and register here.
'Just Draw it!'

Take your drawing skills to the next level in 6 weeks
for only $99
starting October 1, 2012
Click here to register now!


So I hope you will forgive me for not having an entirely dedicated drawing for illustration friday this week. I didn't want to skip it either, though. So yesterday, late at night, I thought about something that happened a while ago: suddenly there was this tiny mouse that boldly walked right into our living room from the outside balcony. My fiancee immediately chased the creature back outside again, and if he hadn't already been my hero, he would've become now. I would totally freeze when I had an encounter with a mouse like that! So I made this quick drawing but I don't quite like it.

 

Then I thought about the nice summer weather we are having in Holland, and about ice cream. Well, that might fit the topic 'freeze' in a summery way! So I took out my sketchbook and combined illustration friday with my portrait project and made this. I will be the first to admit that it's far fetched, but it'll do, considering my lack of time this week...



Labels: , , , , , ,