journal page


Yesterday it was a beautiful summer day, here in Amsterdam. I decided to take a break from working on the lesson material for my online drawing course and headed outside to sit and enjoy the sunday afternoon on a terrace. I took out my drawing pad and my ballpoint Bic pens. I got inspired by the book The art of Urban Sketching to do this drawing. Somehow I used to think I'm not good at drawing buildings or trees, but I realize it's just that I'm not so familiar with doing it. When drawing, you can learn anything. And I think giving some extra attention to the things that you find hard to do, is the only way to improve. 
I think I did well, especially on the tree. 
I had a small colour pallette to work with, which made it even more challenging. I used the multi-pens from bic and used green, light green, red dark blue, light blue, pink, a bit of purple and a tiny bit of black.


Do you recognize those 'I can't do it' - thoughts? Then my online drawing course is something you might like! It's a techer-led, interactive, 6 week course in which I tell you about basic drawing techniques and I show you the techniques that I use. You will get a weekly assignment with guaranteed feedback, and a lot of info, step-by-step tutorials and videos. So what are you waiting for? Join and register here

Labels: ,