Illustration Friday - Farewell

Ever since I started blogging, I've also been submitting drawings on IllustrationFriday.com regularly*.
The founder of this inspiring website, Penelope Dullaghan, has made the website flourish and grow into a wonderful online place. After 10 years, now she's saying farewell, because there are so many other possibilities out there for her. I read on her blog that she considered shutting Illustration Friday off. Glad she didn't! Thomas James is taking over and I'm sure he will be just as dedicated as Penelope was in all those years.
This week's topic is suitable: 'farewell' (would next week's topic be 'welcome'?)
'Farewell' made me think of waving white handkerchiefs, and a bit of a sad feeling, one tear drop on the cheek... Here's what I made just in time last night, with a photo as referral, found on google images.
*Illustration Friday is a weekly drawing challenge and participatory art exhibit. Every Friday a new topic is posted and you have one week to come up with your own, unique interpretation. Anyone who likes to draw, paint, sculpt, doodle or color can participate in Illustration Friday. Yes, that means YOU too!!

I love projects that are suitable for everyone to join!

I'm a big believer of when you like something, you can learn it. Do you want to make awesome art, and be able to submit it on Illustration Friday too? Have a look here for a 6 week online program full of practical tips that will help you make awesome stuff.

Labels: ,