Sweet baking without the sweet stuff

Oh boy. This was SO good! 

My sister-in-law regularly comes up with brilliant no-sugar cakes, crumbles and bites! I'm sure she'll be fine with me sharing the recipe here with you. Even though I don't have the exact measurements.

Make a dough of oatmeal flakes, a pinch of salt, butter and a bit of whole wheat flour.
Bring a few hands ful of dried medjoul dates (stones removed!) and a glass of orange juice to boil. Let it simmer until it has thickened.
Roll out half of the dough and put it in a square cake tray. Spread the date mix evenly on it, than role out the rest of the dough and lay it out in the cake tray.
Put in the preheated oven (175 celcius) until golden brown.
Maybe I will try this using almond flour, and if it works out, I might as well illustrate this recipe and submit it to They Draw And Cook. Fun!


Speaking of illustrating recipes: I am looking forward to starting the next run of 'Draw It Like It's Hot'. It's a super fun online group workshop, all about drawing food and illustrating recipes. You could call this a 'boutique workshop', as the groups I teach are fairly small, and you will get my undivided attention and feedback on everything you share in the group.

The price of only $69 for the 4-week workshop is kinda crazy, so why don't you join me?
Click here to find out more and sign up.
http://koosjekoene.blogspot.nl/p/blog-page.html

Labels: , , , , , , , ,