Watercolour Almonds

During the run of my online class 'awesome art journaling', which now has ended, and will be scheduled again for later this year, I was inspired to try something fairly unfamiliar: Using plain watercolours.
Usually I use watercolours for colouring pen drawings or for background washes. I have no idea why I haven't used them more often for simply painting stuff. Well I sat down, took a hand of almonds and switched on the light to create a strong shadow and made this little painting in my journal. I was surprised by the effect, and I really like the result! It's quick, fairly forgiving, and so much easier than I thought.
In two weeks time, the online workshop on drawing food starts again. So if you want to surprise yourself and make some awesome art, why don't you sign up and join?

Labels: , , , ,