Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Key to Success

Now did you really think I could give you the key to success, when you read the title of this blogpost? I sure hope not!
There is something I can tell you about drawing though... patience, practice and perseverence are key.
So may times I start drawing and halfway through the drawing I think: 'what did I get myself into??'. Then I push through, because I know quitting is NOT an option. And by doing so, I work my way towards the reward: a finished drawing.

I can tell you much more about drawing, in fact, I can give you a lot of tips, show you techniques and give you personal feedback on your drawings and progress, in my 5-week online drawing course 'Just Draw It!'
It starts tomorrow and for only $99 you can join me today!

2 comments:

  1. "patience, practice and perseverence are key." - But this is the KEY to success! More than anything, Malcolm Gladwell in his book "Outliers" shows that even Mozart was no real "prodigy"as experts agree that his real classic and enduring works were composed after he turned twenty. But it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become "perfect" and these he needed in the run-up. Had he not been the "child prodigy" but started later, then his classic works would have come at around thirty years of age probably.It's the old "winners never quit and quitters never win" story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I truly appreciate it!