Life Begins Where Your Comfort Zone Ends

Don't you just love surrounding yourself with fabulous art tools, beautiful sketchbooks and watercolor paper, and maybe even books about art and drawing to inspire you?
A lot of people do. And then... they don't draw!
Does that sound familiar?
Schermafbeelding 2015-01-20 om 17.14.49

Getting started can feel like a big step.

Even though you know how good it will make you feel once you're in the process of doing what you love, it can be kind of scary. You never know what's going to happen once you start, do you?
Well here's the two choices you have:
1. Keep feeling uncomfortable about it, don't start, and feel frustrated with yourself.
2. Embrace the fact that you can't control a drawing, jump in and enjoy the process and let the drawing unfold. Let go.
20150109BootKamp WritingCrop
Needless to ask which one of the above you prefer.
When I hear myself think 'I can't do this', I just know that when I push through, I will find that most of those limits are inside my head, and I can exceed them. Not just when drawing. The quote here on the right applies to many situations in life.
So THAT is where the sweet stuff is:
Right there, when you step outside of your comfort zone, is where the magic happens.
20140725 chocolates
Some people claim you should do something that scares you every day. I don't know about that, but I sure do know that you can accomplish a lot by sinking your teeth into those large or small challenges.

So what are you doing today to challenge yourself?

Whatever you do, have a great day, and make awesome art.
Koosje.

Labels: , , , ,