Music to my ears - and eyes

Music can influence the way you draw. In a positive way.
The drawing below, was done while listening to this singer songwriter's performance, which was kind of intimate and relaxed. Everyone was silently sitting and listening closely, so I had a lot of life models to draw while enjoying the music:

At first I was kind of intrigued by the percussionist, playing 'the chair' (yes he was actually using a simple wooden chair and his brushes) but once the trio below got into their jazz improvisation, my pen started moving in their rhythm and it was wonderful a wonderful feeling. After drawing the Jazz combo, I looked around and noticed a lot of people in the audience were tapping their feet in the air, following the music. So I drew some of those moving feet:

At home, there's a lot of music every day. Even though the drawing below doesn't show any resemblance of my husband, this is a precious sketchbook spread, because it's a memory of a moment in the day where the both of us are doing what we love:

Labels: , ,