Paris, je t'aime!

Oh lala, how I would love to trade my Dutch accent for a French one!

This weekend I treated myself to an early birthday present and hopped on the high speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. I hardly got the chance to answer my emails, listen to a podcast and do a couple of drawings - in less than 4 hours time I was brought to a different world: Paris!

Ever since I visited last year to shoot Jean-Christophe Defline's lesson videos for the Sketchbook Skool Kourse 'Storytelling", I wanted to come back to Paris, for pleasure. We shot fantastic footage and got a quick feel of the Paris atmosphere, but when doing production work like that - you're not really there with your full attention. Things need to be checked off; great filmic shots need to be made, video lectures need to be managed and art demonstrations need to be documented. All in a short amount of time. With great results, thanks to our camera man and the charming Jean-Christophe. Storytelling starts this Friday - you don't want to miss it - there is so much good stuff in there. To learn more and to sign up, click here

So yeah, finally this weekend I went back there.
And it was even more wonderful than I thought it would be.
Right after arriving I had lunch with Jean-Christophe and we went outside to do some sketching for Sketchbook Skool's summer kourse (yes, it'll be announced soon and I promise it'll be a fun kourse!).


What followed was a two-and-a-half-day sketching spree, between visiting museums. These are my toned paper sketchbook drawings*:


 



Can you tell I enjoyed myself?
I think I'll be buying myself (early birthday) presents like these more often.

*The toned paper sketchbook is from Strathmore. The white details are done with a white gelpen: a Uni-ball Signo broad.

Labels: , , ,